Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Day 2: Journey to Lhasa Tibet


Beginning of the great Tibet journey starting off with a message where my flight will be delay to late afternoon which I got stunned and was a bit lost whether I wait until the time or just go to the airport. Lucky I decided to just go to the airport as I can’t delay the flight anymore as my planned Tibet tour will start the next day which I can’t afford to lose. So once I reach the airport and first thing I make a query at the airline information desk on my flight and they manage to change to another flight which have the same itinerary. I manage to reach Lhasa at the same arrival time with different flight. Seriously the flight delay in China is pretty common I believe which I experience the first time.
















Lhasa whether is beautiful with clear blue sky and it is a good start of the Tibet trip. Once I came out from the arrival hall and first thing there are the tour representative waiting with my name display to pick me up. They just pick me and sent me straight to the Yak hotel at Lhasa. It is the first day of the itinerary with free and easy. One of the important topic I discuss with the tour guide which I would like to share and emphasis where the guide mentioned better don’t wash our head for the first few days to avoid high altitude sickness and this is an important guideline.
















Since I reach at noon and I have amber free time on my first day where I start off with a beef noodle next to Yak hotel. Then I took a walk towards Potala Palace which I already planned looking at Google map. It was a 20 to 30 minute walk until the entrance which I can’t proceed anymore except the park opposite the Potala Palace where I can view the palace beautiful scenery on the very first day. It was spectacular and awesome world heritage site. Then after taking all the beautiful photos and I walk back towards the hotel with a detour to the Johkang Palace.
















After a simple dinner around Johkang Palace with some nice local beer and end up with a nice bath washing my hair which I really need to emphasis my experience as I did not listen to the advice. I was caught with altitude sickness like headache symptom follow by dizziness like motion sickness but I did not get until that level as I quickly took some paracetamol and also some local altitude sickness local pills that I brought from the local pharmacy.


















-Next Day-

No comments: