Thursday, October 10, 2013

Myanmar Day 5 – Mandalay Expedition

Today is my Mandalay day trip and I would be walking a lot again as my leg muscle is really sour. Anyway The Boat leave to Mingun at 9am and back to Mandalay at 1pm and there are many tourist using this boat to visit Mingun.



I had my breakfast at 7:30am and start my 30 minutes walking from Rich Queen guesthouse to Mayanchan Jetty. The boat need more tourists in order to start the journey to Mingun and is a surprise that the boat have around 15 foreign tourists where my Mingun trip is a reality without cancelling.


Reaching Mingun at around 10am and I have 3 hours to walk around Mingun. There are 3 highlight at Mingun and the most I like is the Mingun Paya which is the unfinished temple with some crack during the earthquake. If its finish then it is one of the largest temple. There are entrance fee charge of US$3 for Mingun and Sagaing.


The next attraction at Mingun would be the Mingun bell which is the second largest in the world if the Mingun paya is completed.


The next attraction would be the Hsinbyume Pagoda which is the white pagoda and it is a lovely pagoda with beautiful scenery at the top as well. I complete the Mingun temple at 12pm and have my lunch at a restaurant near the Mingun jetty.


Reaching back Mandalay at 1:45pm and then get a motor taxi to engage for a half day expedition to Sagaing and Amarapura U-bein bridge for about 10,000kyats which I think is reasonable as well.
Before heading to Sagaing, I visited the temples around Mandalay like Kuthodaw Pagoda where it is the largest book where the Buddhism scipts is crave at the stone and there are many stone at the location. It is something special to have a look.


Then heading to Sagaing Hill for about 45 minutes with the motor taxi and is quite tough with a back pain sitting for long time and the cost is really worth I guess. Reach Sagaing hill and then walking up about 20 minutes and the scenery is beautiful with the view of the Sagaing bridge and also multiple white pagoda scattered around Sagaing.


Then heading to Ubein bridge at Amarapura for about 30 minutes journey by motor taxi. The bridge is really a old woodern long bridge but it is a romantic place sitting along the bridge or take a boat to watch sunset around the Ubein bridge. There are many locals like to enjoy the view at Ubein bridge as well.

It is a tiring day for me at Mandalay and I have a simple dinner and heading back to guesthouse to have a good rest. This is the last Myanmar city exploration before heading back to Yangon for a relax and rest day before heading back home.

No comments: