Thursday, October 10, 2013

Myanmar Day 4 – Journey to Mandalay

I have another half day at Bagan before leaving to Mandalay at 3pm. So I decided to rent a electric bicycle for about cost US$5 to cycle to New Bagan and Old Bagan to have a visit of full Bagan tour. I really love the electric bicycle as it is easy and less tiring after few day walking at Myanmar.



So I travel to New Bagan for about 30 minutes with some stop at the road for some ruins temple at Bagan passing by a Myinkaba village where the Manuha temple located but I did not visit cause I am focus on town rather than temples. New Bagan is similar to Nyaung U and Old Bagan is just another street of similar.



I am interested with the riverside where I just cycle into Lawkananda temple to have a last temple visit of Bagan and then have a break at the stall along the riverside before paying a visit to Si Thu Restaurant along the river to have a comparison with Beach Bagan Restaurant at Nyaung U and I still prefer Beach Bagan which is slightly better but there are nothing special of the sunset restaurant as mentioned.



Then after check out New Park Bagan, I have my lunch at a highly TA rated at Restaurant road, Nyaung U namely Weather Spoon Bagan. The owner and the restaurant is nice and friendly and I would like to recommend everyone as well. I hang around the restaurant for 2 hours before heading to the bus station for Mandalay.



The journey to Mandalay takes around 5.5 hours and its cost around 8,000kyats. We stop half way along the bumpy road to a local Myanmar restaurant and it is my first time trying Myanmar food. The first half of the road is through the bumpy and village road and another surprise is there are is another highway newly build take only take 1 hour to reach Mandalay which initially take additional 3 to 4 hours I believe.



Reaching Mandalay is another good experience as the city which are full of motor taxi and busy street. Without hesitation I took a motor taxi for about US$3 to go to Rich Queen Guesthouse which is quite expensive as it was 10pm and I am so tired without further consideration.
Rich Queen Guesthouse is near to the Mayanchan Jetty but it is not convenient to food or city center in my opinion. The 2 single bedroom cost me only US$20 which is quite reasonable for my budget. The most I like is near the Jetty as I am targeting to go Mingun the next day.

Next Day

No comments: