Thursday, October 10, 2013

Myanmar Day 2 – Journey to Bagan

Surprisingly there are a wake up call at 5:30am by the guesthouse reception as we need to have our breakfast and then leaving to the bus station at 6:30am where I booked the bus to Bagan at 8am. The bus station is in a muddy place but luckily the bus is a VIP coach with cool air condition and is quite comfortable along the way to Bagan. It is a 10 hours journey cost around 15,000kyats and there are another surprise where I see a good highway at Myanmar which I understand it is newly build. The only disadvantage of the highway is that it reach only the intersection of Mandalay, then the other half of the road is using a single old trunk road to Bagan which is not bad afterall.



I reach Bagan at 6:30pm. The town do not have much building or shophouses and it is all small wooden houses scattered around and I was disoriented a while and having difficulty looking for the target guesthouse. So I took a thrisaw for about US$1 to get to New Park Bagan.where I got a discount room for about US$25/night at New Park Bagan.



After check in and then wanted to walk around but just manage to book a bus ticket to Mandalay and also have a Chinese cuisine at a restaurant just opposite the road of New Park Bagan. I need more rest to focus on Bagan archaeological area tomorrow.


Next Day

No comments: