Thursday, October 10, 2013

Journey to my admire politics’ idol Aung San Suu Kyi Myanmar Land (Day 1 – Yangon Expedition)

I have planned to go Myanmar since I watched the movie ‘The Lady’ that portrait Suu Kyi by Michelle Yeoh. It is a lovely country with its special identity. I wanted to see the changes and the country is developing very quick and it is really different from 5 to 10 years ago.

Here is my Myanmar’s trip report on Yangon, Bagan & Mandalay within a week which is the last week of the non peak season for September. I fly direct to Yangon and then travel by bus to northern which take around 10 hours to Bagan from Yangon.

My flight from KL is at 7am and reached Yangon at early morning at 8:30am. There are a free pick up from Mother Land Inn and there are the only backpacker’s place that provide free pick up as they have consistent customer per day which they can afford free pick up. Some hostel charge US$5 for the pick up. BTW the 2 single bedroom cost me around US$25per night. I taking the bus to Bagan tomorrow and I try to visit some attraction at Yangon.

So I walk around and it was raining and lucky I bring an umbrella. I walk towards the Yangon city hall and also the Sule Pagoda. Then I have a break at a café donuts for a coffee and avoid the rain. Then I continue walk towards the Boyoke Aung San market before ending my walk to Shwedagon Pagoda which is quite a long walk.

The Shwedagon pagoda do have a entrance fee with US$5 which is quite expensive but it is my 1st day and I have to visit this attraction.


There is my itinerary for first day at Yangon and manage to swap in a drinking place at Powerlight entertainment for a beer where there isn’t much bar or pub at Myanmar as I believe it is buddism country and everyone is quite religious I believe.

I would like to share that the ATM manage to withdraw kyats money at a local supermarket's ATM. So it is developed at Myanmar.


Next Day

No comments: