Friday, January 21, 2011

Penang Food Heritage

I would like to break the normality of my blog where I would like to introduce penang food to readers instead of just heritage sites. After staying 2 days at penang town center and I actually found all the recommended food that I would like to try. The 2 food highlight I would like to introduce is penang char kuay teow and penang lor mee.





Penang char kuay teow is really a long chinese food heritage in penang. Previously I try the sister char kuay teow near lorong selamat which I prefer mostly. This round I try another which is called Ah Leng famous penang char kuay teow near lorong dunlop off jalan anson. I order the one with duck egg which I found it not much difference to a normal one. But overall the char kuay teow still very delicious.





The second recommendation is the penang lor mee that located in the heart of penang core zone near lebuh ah quee. It is hard to find good food around that area as everyone also mention there are only good food near komtar. But to break the normality again, I really search for this penang lor mee and it is nice and special to taste it with sugar or garlic.

No comments: