Saturday, April 5, 2008

Diving Trip to Liveaboard Similan

I had planned a dive trip to Thailand for a week. I decided to reach the dive spot by land from Kuala Lumpur to Khao Lak by bus. My journey start from Kuala Lumpur taking 8 hours to reach Hatyai with 6 hours traveling and 2 hours border check point.

Taking a break for a day at hatyai before continue my travel to the north the next day. Another hectic traveling start the next day morning where my journey to phuket start from hatyai. I went to the thailand public bus station which cost me around baht$400 to reach phuket. A great experience to take a public thai bus where communication is a barrier but lucky my destination are phuket which is the last bus stop of the journey. It took me 6 hours to reach phuket and I have a night at phuket town before my next destination. Phuket town is quiet compare to patong beach but I have to stay at the town to catch a bus to khao lak the next morning.

The next morning I continue my journey to khao lak from phuket town bus station. It cost me baht$100 and 2 hours to reach khao lak which is my target diving destination and also diver paradise. I reach Khao lak around noon and got the cheapest guesthouse fasai bungalow for baht$500 for a night.



After settle down with the guesthouse and lunch, then I proceed to search for my liveaboard dive trip. Found mantapoint diving shop where I engage my dive liveaboard similan trip for 3days 2nights for baht$14000. What a relief as I finally got my dive trip and I am so excited about the liveaboard diving trip. I have bad seasickness history but I manage to handle it with the magic pills. I survive the 3days 2nights liveaboard without any problem.

The liveaboard dive center that hosts the dive is Scubacat and the dive boat is great and beautiful. I had a good first 2 dive and night dive on the first day with good air consumption.

My second day of liveaboard dive are mostly relax and leisure dive. Enjoying the dive with good air consumption with minimum deep dive. Anyway it is Valentine day on the 2nd day of the liveaboard and it was my first valentine day dive logged.

My third day of liveaboard involve some deep dive at deep six and also leopard shark searching. Little of adventure for the final day of the dive. Had a deep dive into 35m and saw giant puffer and also leopard shark. Yes it is exciting when you see something big.



After the liveaboard dive trip, then I had to take 2 days to travel back from phuket to kuala lumpur.

No comments: